"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Will Run for Food

This is a blog to collect all the random stuff I think about while running.  I started running in July of 2010 and I'm just getting to where I run for extended periods.  That means I have a lot of random thoughts.  I wasn't sure I'd enjoy spending 60-90 minutes with myself, but I'm growing on myself.

People ask "Why do you run?"  I guess my answer would be I run for pizza and Chinese buffets.  I like to eat.  My job (accountant) is pretty sedentary.  I need to do something to get off the couch and keep moving to burn the calories.  Once I started running I found I enjoyed it, so I stuck with it and have been working on building my distance.  In the meantime I learned to eat healthier most of the time and managed to drop 70 pounds.  Weight loss is like climbing Mt. Everest.  When you get to the summit, the trip is only half over and the most dangerous part is still to come - the descent.  I managed to lose 70 pounds, but my journey is only half over.  The most dangerous part, keeping it off, is still to come.

No comments: