"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Sunday is long, slow, distance run day in my running calendar. Today couldn't have been much better with temps in the 20's and clear skies. The roads were in good shape as most of last week's dumping has been cleared from the roads.

Today's run was 9.5 miles. I informally timed it at about 1:40:00 based on when I left home and when I returned. Today marked three personal bests: 1) Longest run; 2) Most miles per week; 3) First 100+ mile month ever.

Here's some pics from today:

From Running Pics

This is "nemesis hill". Last fall I could barely make it up this hill without slowing to a walk. The picture is deceptive because as one crests the first section that can be seen, the road flattens out for a little and then starts up again. Whew! This hill has been my nemesis, hence the name. I now can run all the way up. Who's your daddy now nemesis hill? ;)

From Running Pics

This is supposed to be sort of panoramic as I topped the highest point in my run today. My little cell phone camera doesn't really do it justice. It was a pretty neat view. It made the last mile or so of hill climbing straight into the wind worth it.

Today I tried a Soyjoy bar for the first time. Pretty tasty and got along with my stomach very well. I'm going to keep them in mind for pre and mid run fueling.

Has anyone tried Osteo Bi-flex to keep their joints healthy? I'm getting towards the older end of the spectrum and could use all the help I can get.

How was your weekend? Ready for Monday?

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Ugh so much snow!!!!! I am ready for Monday!

Unknown said...

Nice job on your run! Way to hit 3 goals in one run! :)