"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011

Driving in to work this morning it was -4F.  Wha...?!  Did the clock suddenly turn back to January?

Last night's run was the coldest I've experienced in awhile.  The temp was 12F when I left and I could actually feel it get colder as I went.  Brr.  Winter has been fun and all, but I'm ready for spring.

On my easy runs I like to have jam bands in the playlist.  One of my favorites is the String Cheese Incident.  This little lyric clip always sticks with me as I run:

...the rhythm of the road
holds the answer to the questions on our minds.
I know that we can keep the faith
and things will all work out in time (String Cheese Incident, Rythym of the Road)
 Plus it has just an absolutely perfect guitar solo for an easy run.

More to come later.  How's everyone doing this morning?  Got your coffee/tea/water/beverage of choice on yet?

No comments: