"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where did this day get to?  Goodness.  Today was/is a rest day.  It's been snowing since last night and we've got about a foot of new snow.  I thought it best to take the day off from running and let the snow plows do their job.  I'll be back at it tomorrow with either 7 or 8 miles planned.

Last night I ran 6.3 miles of hill repeats.  In a snowstorm.  I had a great run and posted negative splits for each lap of my 2.1 mile neighborhood route.  Here they are:

Lap 1 - 24:04
Lap 2 - 24:01
Lap 3 - 23:49

Just as I finished that 3rd lap there was some lightning and I scurried into the house.  I'll run through a lot of things, but lightning isn't one of them.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Hope you enjoyed your rest day!!! I am so sick of the snow!!!!! We're supposed to get some tonight...

Rusty Shackleford said...

Yeah, I've about had it with snow. Spring can arrive any day now.