"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reset!

Just weighed myself for the first time in about 2 months.  I'm up about 3 pounds :-(  Just goes to show that you can't outrun the calories.  It's time for me to hit the reset button, get back on track and quit letting stress dictate my eating habits.  That's what got me where I was in the first place.  No more!  While I may run because I enjoy pizza and buffets, I need to remember that moderation is the key.  No foods are inherently bad.  I just need to remember that some things are best savored in very small servings.

In other news, today was a rest day.  I did some Wii Fit stuff as my XT for today.  I like to do free stepping while watching television.  I also really enjoy doing Super Hula Hoop.  Don't ask me why, I just do :-D

This morning I tried some 7-grain oatmeal for breakfast.  Yum!  It was really good and stuck with me pretty well.  It's got some of the texture and nuttiness of steel cut oats without the long cooking time.  Tomorrow morning I'll have it again, with a banana and less brown sugar.  I need to cut back on the sugar anyway.  I'm not really sure what brand the 7-grain cereal is.  It was from a bulk bin.  The ingredients sound suspiciously Kashi-like but I don't think it's Kashi brand.  Have I mentioned that oatmeal is in my top 5 favorite foods?  Oh yes, we're going to get to know oatmeal pretty well ;-)  I almost wish there was such a thing as an oatmeal buffet.

What's your favorite breakfast food?  Do you like to customize it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite breakfasts:
- McCann's plain oatmeal kicked up with some brown sugar and golden raisins
- egg white sandwich
- 'everything' bagel thin w/nutella and banana

Rusty Shackleford said...

Sounds tasty! I need to try some of that Nutella. So many people like it, it must be awesome.

Today was 7-grain oatmeal with honey, cinnamon and a banana. I'll be avoiding the Chex Mix later. I think that may be a big source of "calorie leakage" during the day.

Jen said...

Favorite (long run day) bfast: whole wheat waffel, peanut butter and banana.

Daily bfast: oatmeal with banana. I've been adding almonds to this as well lately and like it.