"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, March 21, 2011

Booty Kickin' Trail Run

Whew, yesterdays trail run kicked my booty.  The trail still had a foot-ish of snow over it.  Mostly hard packed.  On the uphills, just as I would get a good foot plant, the snow would give way and my foot would slide back a bit.  Since the trail was either uphill or downhill and not much flat, I spent a good amount of time just trying to get decent footing.  I ended up only going 7.1 miles.  I had a hard cutoff of two hours running and when I hit 1 hour I turned around.  I must've made good time coming back because my total time on the trail was 1:43.

Today is a rest day.  The rest of the week is up in the air.  I'll make up the running plan as the weather allows.  We're supposed to have a pretty decent winter storm move through Tuesday night-Wednesday that's bringing ice and snow.

No comments: