"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday, March 18, 2011 Daily

The plan for tonight is 7 miles.  Our weather is more spring-like than winter-ish, so it should be a pleasant run.  Temps by run time should be around 35, cloudy, winds out of the NW around 5-10 mph.  Pretty normal weather for northern Michigan at this time of year.

Some new running gear arrived yesterday.  I now have a brand new reflective vest!  My old one was just wearing out.  If I figure out how, I'll post a pic later.  It doesn't matter what it is, new gear is fun.

My first race of the season is about 6 weeks away.  I am running the Road Ends 5-mile in Pinckney State Forest near Ann Arbor at the end of April.  It'll be my first ever official trail race.  I know the distance will be no problem.  I'm sure I'll be slower than half the field, but that's OK.  I race for the experience, to mingle with other runners and to test myself.

Lunch time edit:  Lunch today was a salad of baby lettuces, spinach, kale, tomato and chicken with salsa.  Awesome!

How's everyone doing?  How's the running and/or cross training going for the week?  Who's ready for their LSD run this weekend?  Get any new running stuff lately?

No comments: