"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Plan for Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today is my long run day and I have 9-ish miles planned.  I like to plan it a little long just in case my measurement was a bit off.  Here's a link to today's route:

http://sketchroute.com/routes/4d73ca16c26df80dd2000001
Once I finish my run today I will be at 30+ miles for the week.  That will be the second week in a row I have cracked 30 miles.  Ever.  I'm starting to feel a little fitness improvement over the week as my body adjusts to the distance.  I'm thinking at least another week or two at this distance and then I'll see about adding a few more miles.

It will be awesome once the snow melts and the trails open up so I can do my weekend long runs in the woods again.  I'm really starting to miss that.  Running the sidewalks and roads has allowed me to build fitness over the winter but it's not the same as being on the trails.  By the looks of the extended forecast I might get to run in the woods again next weekend.

Fuel for today started with a Chinese buffet last night.  I didn't hit anything hard.  Just sampled my way through the sushi, salad, crab legs and dim sum.  I'm not real big on the fried, heavy, saucy dishes anyway so it was perfect.  Breakfast today was a big bowl of steel cut oats with banana, peanut butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.  Lunch was a salad of iceberg lettuce, spinach, and tuna with Chi Chi's black bean and corn salsa.  Dinner plans are still to be determined.

No comments: