"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, May 2, 2011

Take it Easy

Standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona...

Today's run was a 45 minute easy pace jaunt down my local rail trail.  The theme for this entire week will be Take it Easy.  This week begins my official preparation for my half marathon at the end of August.  Borrowing some pages from Davies, the first week or two will be primarily easy runs with some strides thrown in.  Going easy will allow me to work on my aerobic conditioning a bit before I start mixing in some quality work.

Since my inaugural half marathon will be a trail race at least one run per week (preferably my long run) will be on an actual trail complete with hills, roots and rocks.  For me, there's no better way to prepare for that environment that to just throw myself into it.  Besides, hill work in the woods is way more interesting than running up and down a hill on a road or sidewalk.

No, I wouldn't tease you.  Here's the tune for your listening pleasure :)



Hope you all had a great day!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

I love that song!! Good luck taking it easy!!

Kimberly said...

Hay we stood on the corner in Winslow AZ. :-) And you better not have 7 woman on your mind!! <3