"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, May 30, 2011

A 5K walk and Some Trail Running

Today I did a 5K walk with my daughter.  It was the final event for her Girls on the Run group.  Technically it was a running race, but a bunch of them decided to walk instead.  So, I walked with them.  The sun was out.  It was comfortably warm and the scenery was nice.  We had a pleasant walk.  The girls seemed to have a good time.  We'll see if my daughter wants to do it again sometime.  I hope so.

Yesterday was 5.25 miles on my local trails.  Spooked several deer.  A couple of times I stood still to see if the deer would hang around.  I think they could smell me though because they took off anyway.  For the first time ever I cam across other people using the trails.  I guess it's summer so I should expect that.

This week my plan is to bump up my mileage a little.  Last week was 13-ish.  Before this runners knee thing flared up I was in the low 30's.  I want to work back to that.  I'm thinking 17-ish miles for this coming week will be good.

No comments: