"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Something New

Tried something new today.  My wife let me borrow her knee brace for my run.  What a difference it made.  It seems my left knee needs some extra stabilization.  I think the patella is getting pulled around making the patellar tendon kind of mad.  It went well enough that I think I will go look for some knee braces of my own so I don't have to borrow my wife's.

45 minutes easy again today.  Pace picked up a little because I wasn't thinking about how long it was going to take for my knee to loosen up and quite barking at me.  I was just thinking about running, seeing the stars come out and the songs on my mp3 player.

Last night I started listening to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:  Quintessential Phase on my run.  Absolutely hilarious (at least to me).  For those not familiar, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy began life as a radio show on BBC radio, then it became a series of books and a TV show in there somewhere.  The radio show is by far the best.   I do enjoy the occasional audio book/podcast while running.  Not every time, but once in awhile is good as it breaks things up a bit.

I've been listening to The Prairie Home Companion for close to 30 years now.  Only today did I realize that Garrison Keillor puts a fart joke in every show.  How curious.

No comments: