"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I love RICE

Grrr...  Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation is about to become my "favorite" activity.  Runners knee has flared up again and it's not fooling around.

I tried running on my local forest trails this evening and made it a few minutes down the trail, when the pain started.  I slowed to a walk for awhile and when the pain subsided I tried a slow run again.  Pain came back.  I'll be elevating and icing it tonight.  I'm thinking 5 days of rest minimum before I try anything on it again.  I was supposed to race a week from Saturday, but that won't be happening.  :-(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aggh! Here I thought you were sharing a recipe for rice!

Heal quickly!

Jen said...

Eeek. Sorry you are dealing with that. I hope you heal up quick. Smart to completely rest it.