"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Friday, May 20, 2011

All kinds of awesome

Tonight's run was 5.5 miles of awesome.  I took it nice and easy.  When I thought I was going easy enough, I slowed down a little more.  It was seriously the best run I've had in 2 months.  Now I can't wait for Sunday to do my next run.

The frogs were singing pretty loud tonight.  At times they drowned out my music.  I startled a large whitetail deer.  I heard it snort and then go crashing off through the brush.  I also felt it.  Like a horse galloping by.

Random running thoughts:  It was weird where I was running with a pond on one side and a field on the other.  I could feel the cool air from the pond mix with the warm air from the field.  Weird sensation.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I know right were you are talking about. There is also a place when you ride bike, where the warm field is on one side and dense cold woods on the other. I am so proud of you!!!

Jen said...

Nice run! Love it when it all comes together. I think I'll apply the slow down, then slow down some more to my LSD today. Glad you enjoyed your 5+

Anonymous said...

When I keep it nice and slow it always feels so much better.. No worrying about pace or anything just me and the road.