"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday thoughts

It was a Monday for sure from the time I got up until now.  Whew.  Busy busy.

Went to the Y for a bit and spent some time on the elliptical and the stationary bike.  I'm just trying to maintain some level of fitness while I am not running and work on strengthening some specific muscles.  Weighed myself afterward and I am up a couple of pounds.  Looks like it's time to "Eat Less and Move More".  I got the move more part down pretty well.  I need to work on the eat less part :-D

Here's a thought I need to drill into my head:  It's OK not to eat everything on my plate.  I'll just keep repeating that.

I've been thinking about swimming laps too just to break things up.  The problem is I swim about as well as a rock.  I'll have to have my wonderful, sweet wife show me how to swim properly :-)  I have no dreams of doing a triathlon or anything.  If I ever swim a lap or two, it'll only be to break up my workout routine.

No comments: