"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Due to the ongoing knee issue I went for a bike ride this afternoon instead of my normal Sunday long run.  In 90 minutes I covered 15 miles.  The sun was shining and the temp was 75 degrees.  Nice!  It seemed like a June day rather than mid April.  It sure was nice to get out and be active after a couple of total rest days.

The knees are feeling better.  I started doing some quad strengthening exercises today and some stretches to promote hamstring flexibility.  I'll give the knees a couple more rest days before I try running again and then this week will be at reduced mileage.

No comments: