"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oatmeal Part 2 & a trail

Today is a holiday of sorts for CPAs and accountants in the US. It's the day after tax day. We all get to take a deep breath after the sprint to the finish.

To celebrate my holiday I got up this morning and ran 6.5 miles on my local trails. I went out easy and kept the easy pace the whole way. I just wanted to enjoy the ride. Seeing the sun filtering through the bare trees was pretty cool.  There was a little stiffness in my left knee as I finished, but no pain.  As I went about my day the stiffness went away and now only my quads are telling me I did a lot of hill climbing today.  There are no flat spots on my trails.  I figure that's a good thing.  All that climbing and descending will only make me stronger.

Here is part 2 of the oatmeal episode we began last week:



Today I tried Bob's Red Mill 7-grain cereal. Good stuff. Hearty. Nice texture.  It stayed with me all the way until dinner time.  It went well with my banana, but I imagine it would work equally well with raisins or dried cherries.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

Congrats on your chill day!!!

tahoegirl said...

I'll have to try the 7 grain cereal. I like Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. We visited Bob's Red Mill when we were in Oregon last year...I was in heaven. The dork that I am! Good job on the run.

Rusty Shackleford said...

Cool! I would love to visit Bob's Red Mill.