"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Running Again

So, this is it.  Back to running today.  I am planning on 3 really easy miles this evening to see where my knees are at.  They feel really good right now.

In other news the quad strengthening exercises and hamstring stretches seem to be doing their job.  I want to get into a routine of doing them 5 days per week and see where I'm at in a month or so.  I also need to be more diligent about stretching after my runs.  Hopefully this little setback will be a good learning experience for me and I gain some better habits because of it.

Hope to be back with more later.  Have a super day!

Back for more...

The run went well.  Once my muscles got warmed up it was pretty darn nice.  The sun was out, the birds were chirping, I was in a pair of shorts and a (GASP!) cotton t-shirt.  Don't tell anyone I wore a cotton t-shirt.  I'll be labeled a jogger.  Everyone knows runners only wear synthetic tech shirts  ;-)

I'm not ready to pronounce my knees fully healed or anything, but they feel good enough to continue running at reduced mileage.

For dinner we had chicken roasted on the grill.  It was awesome.  Thanks honey!  The smokiness was perfect.  Recipe is basically 1 chicken, butterflied.  Put chicken on the grill with the charcoal pushed off to one side.  The chicken goes on the side without the charcoal.  Put a handful of maple or apple chips on the charcoal.  Put the lid on the grill.  Roast the chicken until done.  On our grill it takes about 45 minutes.

That's all for today.  Have a great night everyone!

No comments: