"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Friday, April 15, 2011

How do you spell relief? T-R-A-I-L

Tonight I dashed out for a quick 3.9 miles on the trails.  Well, quick in the most liberal of translations.  I ran a real easy pace to keep things easy on my knees.  In my work life I am a CPA and we are down to the wire for the tax filing season.  The stress levels are pretty high right now.  I left a lot of stress out there on the trail tonight.

To get the run in and not get too far out in the woods I ran the short loop tonight.  It is basically 1.6 miles around with a .3 mile stub to get me to and from the parking lot.  Lots of nice, rolling hills.  Noting too high or steep.  Not much flat though.  I figure it's good practice for my 5-mile trail race at the end of the month.  While running it I noticed an old jeep trail I hadn't really noticed in the past.  Sometime before the underbrush springs up I'm going to have to run the jeep trail just to see where it goes.

It's windy and cold this evening.  With the leaves blowing all over the woods felt and looked like November.  The bare trees against the slate gray sky just reinforced that feeling.

Where's your favorite place to run?  For me it's those trails in the woods.  I come out of the woods with a much improved mental state.  I'm sure it makes me an easier person to live with.

No comments: