"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Long Run Sunday

Sunday.  For many of us it's long run day.  I look forward to this all week.  I'm not sure why as I run throughout the week.  I even try to do something medium long on Wednesday or Thursday.  Maybe it's because Sundays are usually the only day I actually run in the daylight?

Today I ran my first 10 miler ever.  Woot!  I ran it out and back on a rail trail.  I knew it would be flat with only moderate hills and no nasty camber to deal with.  Old man winter decided we needed just a little reminder that he isn't going away quietly and proceeded to dump about 2" of fresh snow on us just before I wanted to go.  Since the snow came with lightning (thunder snow) I waited a couple hours for the weather to pass before heading out.  By then the fresh snow had turned to slush.  So, I got home soaked half way up my shins from all the slush.

Fueled up with steel cut oats topped with banana and peanut butter this morning before church.  Lunch was quesadillas made with my homemade tortillas.  My energy didn't seem to drop off so I think the calorie intake before the run was good.

How was your weekend?  Did you do your long run today?  Ready to hit the ground running tomorrow?

No comments: