- On race day, tried and true, nothing new.
- When it's damp and cold it doesn't matter which direction you run, it will be straight into the wind.
- After running for 10-15 minutes, never trust a fart. Ever.
- Wind driven snow flakes hurt.
- Smartwool socks rock!
- 4 miles into a 10 mile trail run and miles from an outhouse, I'll need to pee.
- That wet spot on the sidewalk will turn out to be an ankle deep puddle of ice water. Corollary: That wet spot will turn out to be ice.
I'm sure you have some more great ones. What are your "running rules"? Please feel free to add to the list :-)