"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Break's Over!

Well, that was fun.  Break's over and it's time to get back to running.  I'm feeling rested and refreshed.  I hope you all didn't think I gave up running or anything :-)

I'll be starting back this evening with a short run to shake things out.  The goal for this week is something around 20-ish miles.  My project for this winter is to build my weekly mileage from my normal pre-break 30 mpw up to 40 mpw.

Here are some scenes from my extended break:

A "moderately" difficult trail in the Smoky Mountains

Laurel Falls, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
The Smokies showing why they are called the Smokies at Newfound Gap
Abram Falls in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park

3 comments:

Ed said...

Great photos!...looks like a great place to go running....

Erin said...

I love the pictures. My grandma lives near there and I have been to Cades Cove. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I want to take a trip to your neck of the woods just so I can take in all that beautiful scenery!