"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Thursday, November 3, 2011

OK, That Was Painful

First post-break on Tuesday night was painful.  My entire left leg revolted and spent all day Wednesday yelling at me.  I fired back that it should have read the memo about getting back to running.  All the other body parts seemed to be aware of the plan, so get with the program mr. left leg.  So, last evening I rolled my left leg pretty good.  Ahhh...  Sweet relief.  It hurt like mad when rolling but afterwards my leg and I made peace with each other and tonight's run should be better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel ya! My feet started acting up again this week so back to the additional stretching and exercises I go for relief. Hope your leg gets the memo this time! :)

Jen said...

Glad rolling it helped! I tried pushing the pace on last nights run a tad too much and my left knee is bugging me. I'll have to send it the memo too!

Anonymous said...

I think my entire body needs the "its time to run again" memo.