"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Friday, June 10, 2011

Unintended Rest Days

Hm, lessee...

Wednesday I headed out and 1/2 mile in it started to thunder.  I turned around and headed home.  I'll run through a lot, but not thunder and lightning.  I do not desire to attain crispyness.  In lieu of a run I put some time in on the Nordic Track skier.

Thursday I helped my wife load up the car with scrap metal to take to the scrap yard.  I think that counts as upper body XT.  I did a bunch of stretching too.  Muscles in my legs have been tight and crampy all week.  Maybe the extra rest will be good for that.

Tonight I might still be able to work in a run.  We'll see.  Lots to do around the house before tomorrow.  Some days are just like that.  There's not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything, so something has to give.  Sometimes I can rearrange things to make it all work, sometimes not.  I try not to freak out about it, but it's still hard.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

No comments: