"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Daddy/daughter Run

This evening I ran/walked a couple of miles with my 9 year old.  I want this to be a regular occurrence so that: a) We get to spend some quality time together and b) she learns to enjoy running.  She did great.  Just like anyone her age she chased birds, grabbed leaves, stopped to check out the chipmunks, etc.  It was great watching someone just run for fun and have a good time doing it.  No stopwatch, no miles to complete for a plan, just having fun.

Last night I ran 6.2 miles in my first real long run in awhile.  My knees did great.  Even my hips seem to have loosened up.  This is also really the first time this year I've been running in 80+ degree weather.  Correlation?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

Tomorrow is Sunday and that means it's long, slow miles day.  Long is relative.  I'm thinking something around 6-6.5 miles on the trails is what's going to happen.  Weather is supposed to be sunny and 70's.  Should be a glorious day to be in the woods.

In regards to the difficulty people are having with commenting on Blogger, I have a back up plan with WordPress.  I'm not ready to implement it just yet, but if the commenting issue drags on I will.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you had a good run with your daughter! I adore the way my daughter loves to run and has no plan, just run.

Jen said...

Whoo-hoo, this comment posted.