"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Resting

Resting today.  I've walked or run for the prior 3 straight days and not wanting to streak, I took today off.  Besides I was traveling for work so resting is just easier today.  I did enjoy a wonderful bbq pulled pork sandwich at Friske Orchard today on the way home.  Yum!  Asparagus is in season right now and every road side produce stand had some.  Good stuff.

Last night found me in Charlevoix, MI.  I really wish I had pictures for you.  It was gorgeous.  Nice, clear, blue water.  Beautiful sandy beach.  Temp was ~50 when I went for my run with a breeze right off Lake Michigan.  The sunset was radiant with oranges, reds, pinks and purples.  I ran a short 2.5 miles to celebrate National Running Day, but I also just wanted to experience some of this scenery as a runner instead of hanging around the hotel watching television.

Back to resting for me.  Hope you all are enjoying your Thursday.

No comments: