"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hot!

Just getting ready to head out for my run this evening.  I'm waiting for the sun to set as it was in the 90's today.  Ugh.  I'm not accustomed to that kind of heat in any way, shape or form.  The plan is for 4-ish miles tonight.  Even now at 8:25 p.m. it's 84 degrees.  I'll just have to suck it up and go.

Soyjoy sent me a new flavor sample to try:  Pineapple!  I can't wait to try it.  I love pineapples.  In the info it says it's gluten free for those that need that.  I just know I like 'em and they work for me as a pre or post run snack.  Once I've tried it I'll let you all know what I think.

We've been cutting our own salad greens out of our garden this week.  Yum!  Nothing like fresh lettuce still warm from the sun.  Soon my kale should be ready.  The broccoli and cucumbers will be a little while yet.  The basic salad has been greens from our garden, tomato from the market, and salsa as a topper.

Comments appear to be working.  Maybe Blogger heard us?

Hope you all are having a marvelous Monday!

No comments: