"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back!

Back from vacation and just getting back into the swing of things.  Sunday I managed an 8.1 mile run which was my longest long run in quite awhile.  The knees felt good at the end so that was encouraging.  For my next long run this coming weekend I'm going to go for about 8.5 miles.  I think I'll be able to jump to a 10 mile long run in about 2 weeks.  Currently a week looks like this: 4, 6, 4, and 8 miles.  I think in a couple of weeks it might look like:  4, 4, 7, 5, 10.  I'll try to maintain  that mileage through August.

Tonight I have about 4-ish miles planned but I am waiting out a thunderstorm currently.  I'll run through a lot, but never lightning.  From the radar it looks like the worst of it will skirt just to the west of were I'm at.  Should be just some rain and thunder where I'm at.

For awesome cornbread I have determined that a cast iron skillet is required.  Just something about the way the cornbread bakes in the cast iron skillet gives it a wonderful texture.  Blueberry sauce over the still warm cornbread makes it even more awesome.

No comments: