"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Monday



Rest day today. Too bad because it was 72, clear blue sky and no humidity. Awesome. Time to look back at last week and get a grip on this coming running week.

Last week I ran 30.85 miles. It was warm and muggy every night. Wednesday night at 8 p.m. the heat index was still well into the 90's so I ran inside at the Y. I know lots of us were fighting oppressive heat last week. I hope you get some relief this coming week.  The one thing I am happy with from this past week is the recovery from the medium and long runs seems to be shorter than it was a month ago.  I am reaping some fitness benefits.  Soon, it will be time for a mileage increase.  Maybe this week even.

I did my long run on Saturday evening instead of Saturday morning this past week. It felt lots better. I don't know, my body just prefers evening runs I guess. The one thing that was difficult was the deer flies. They were thick!  Those little boogers just love drilling me right in the back of the head.

Sunday we smoked a pork loin over apple wood.  My wife wrapped it in bacon first and injected some sort of beer sauce into it the night before.  It was awesome!  Then to make things even more awesome she made a homemade cherry pie from the cherries we picked last week.  Wow, much better than canned cherries.  It's all I can do to not just sit down and eat the whole pie.  I think I could live on cherry pie.

What's been awesome for you lately?

1 comment:

Keri said...

Nice job on 30 miles for the week! Hope you had a great weekend :)