"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer has Arrived

Summer arrived yesterday.  It pulled up in an old, rusty Plymouth and crashed on my couch.  High's in the 80's all weekend with more to come next week.  Good thing summer's friend humidity hasn't made it back from it's winter home in Pensacola just yet.  That will give me some time to acclimate to one variable at a time.

So, what are some of your heat strategies?  I try to up my electrolytes and make sure I stay well hydrated during the day.  I also start carrying water whenever I'm going to be out more than about an hour.

1 comment:

Brian said...

It has gotten hot here in VA as well..

http://briansrunningadventures.blogspot.com/2012/05/dawg-days-of-summer.html

Keep cool
Brian