"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Running Under the Harvest Moon

These past few days those of us that run after dark have been running under the harvest moon.  Where I live the skies have been clear and the moon bright making for some beautiful runs with the moonlight reflecting off the lake.

Our next full moon will be the hunters moon in October.  I'm hoping the weather is nice and clear for that one as well.  For some reason I just enjoy running under the full moon.


At times I will turn off my headlamp and just run by the moonlight.  I love the stark contrast between light and shadow.

So how about you?  Do you have a favorite time to run?  Pitch black?  Full sun?  Rain?  Snow?

No comments: