"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday

Last night's run was a short 3.5 miles.  The night before some thunderstorms had rolled through at midnight which woke up my daughters who in turn woke up mom and dad.  I felt that lack of sleep as lead legs the next day.

Tonight's run was 6.2 miles.  Since I slept better last night, the miles clicked by a little easier.  It was my first time ever to run in compression shorts.  I think I liked it.  I definitely liked the fact that my music player wasn't bouncing all over the place.

Next up is a rest day tomorrow.  Yay!  Saturday will be my long run for the week.  The plan is for 10 miles again.  Sunday will be 4-5 miles of forest trails.  Next week the plan is to repeat this week.

No comments: