"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January by the Numbers

Last night I did my final run for January, 2012.  It was a nice finish to what has been a really good running month.  Even the weather was good with temps in the mid-30's and a nice waxing moon high in the sky.

So, how did January go?

Total miles run:  168.8 miles
Warmest run:  33 degrees Fahrenheit
Coldest run:  -5 degrees Fahrenheit
Longest run:  13 miles
Shortest run:  5 miles
Average distance run:  8 miles

The month of January is a personal best for me as far as total miles.  A year ago I never saw myself basically running a half marathon on my long run days.  Now, it's a weekly thing.  For February the plan is to maintain the current mileage.  I want to do about four more long runs at the 13 mile distance before trying to bump it up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Michael! After knowing you all this time I finally realized the other day that your "short" runs arent all that short. You had an excellent January.

Stacey Runs and Eats said...

Awesome January! I keep track of my milage but I like how you keep track of weather temps...never thought of doing that.

Brian said...

Conrats on the miles...

144.1 for me, never thought of tracking the temps. Here in VA is was rather blamy...ran in shorts past two days! Global warming, I love you....JK

My latest blog, Why do drivers want to kill us?

http://briansrunningadventures.blogspot.com/

Brian

Anonymous said...

I tagged you here: http://lifeasaconvert.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-random-things.html